Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Update....as the time draws near...

I am starting this post with a quick note about blogging... I think that most of you know that I, Jordan, write the blogs. However, reading all of our friends blogs it seems that blogging is VERY housewife intensive. That puts me in interesting company. I feel like I should be writing about sports or something, or that I should turn over the blogging to Jennie. But, as anyone that has e-mailed her knows, this would not be in the best interest of all of you that long for information about us. Jennie and computers aren't really a match made in heaven, she can surf the internet, but that is about as far as her interest goes. She should have been born decades earlier b/c she doesn't need computers and her life is much simpler for it! It was my idea to start the blog, but at the time I didn't realize that I would have to turn in my "Man" card at the same time. Maybe it is helping me get ready for all of the "girly" things that are about to be a stable of my life. Oh well, I enjoy it, even if that places me squarely in the housewife club! Now, on to the rest of the blog...

Here we go... It is starting to get real. Her room is ready, all the necessities are bought, everything is assembled, all we need is a baby. And that is where reality sets in... It is hard to believe that we might not get out of June as just a couple. It has been a few weeks since the last update, so I thought I would bring everyone up to speed on what we have been doing.

Jennie goes to the doctor once a week now. Everything looks good, so there isn't a lot of new news on that front, we are just waiting for something to happen. She also had a work shower last week. Thanks to all of her work friends, we pretty much got everything else that we needed and yesterday we went and used our gift cards to get everything else. So, her room is ready, complete with video monitor, the Pack'n Play is set up next to our bed, bottles are washed and in the cabinet, so we are ready.

Jennie is healthy, she is just tired of being pregnant. She thinks that Elliot is coming in June, I think it will be July, so we will see. Anyone else have any guesses?

On Monday night we went to an Infant Care class. It was very interesting and beneficial, as I am now able to swaddle, bathe, change a diaper, and many other things, at least on a doll. I assume the degree of difficulty will sharply increase with a real baby, but for now I like to think that I am an expert (and yes, I fully expect to be humbled).

So, that is what is going on in our lives! Since time is short we will try to update more often, especially with nursery pictures.

7 comments:

Thomas and Jamie said...

Not being in the housewife club, myself, I understand how hard it is to update! Just tell Jennie, that in NO TIME FLAT she won't be pregnant anymore and instead your little bundle of joy will be waking you up at night for a different reason! It's such a joy, but it will humble you to your core! I thought I knew a lot about babies until Malachi came! But, there will be nothing better than having Elliot between you two and knowing that God fashioned her from both of you! Get ready, it's the most incredible feeling you'll ever have!

missa said...

what the crap is the housewives club? i think i take offense to that as a working woman...ha ha ha!

i am sad today...did you guys ever talk to mom?

Baby will be here on June 30th at 4pm.

Ryan said...

I think my niece wants to be like me. I'm putting $50 on June 23rd. Any takers? And, as a male blogger, I'm proud of you.

Pam said...

I am WAY excited now that we are within a month of meeting Elliot. I think about her alot. As for when she will make her grand entrance...I say July 3rd.
Once Elliot is here you will be longing for the manliness of blogging. In exchange you will get to play with dolls, have tea parties, and sing along with The Wiggles, Backyardagens, etc...(I don't think you will mind!!!)
I love you both and will see you soon!

missa said...

Ryan...you're on. $50 says she won't be here that early.

The Thomas Family said...

Jordan...please feel free to blog away and keep us all posted on the happenings of your family life. It's not a "housewife" club - it's a Stepford Housewife Club but feel free to join anyways. A token male is always helpful for lifting heavy things and killing bugs :)

Joanna said...

Ha. That's so funny. Don't worry - Robby always says he's going to start his own blog but has never gotten around to it. So maybe you are just doing what all the rest of the men want to do? I have a couple very manly male friends who blog religiously. The two main ones I am thinking of are Hale-Yeah and Ragamuffin Soul. They are both linked on my blog if you need some male blogger company. :)