Monday, June 30, 2008

A quick note to my daughter

I can't wait for you to get here.  I can't wait to see you for the first time.  I can't wait to see the first time that Mommy holds you (you are extra special to Mommy, you will learn why in time).  I can't wait to bring you home.  I can't wait to change your diaper (at 10 pm, 12 am, 2 am, 4 am, 6 am, and so on...).  I can't wait to watch you sleep.  I can't wait to show you off.  I can't wait to see your little personality.  I can't wait to see you smile.  I can't wait to hear you laugh.  I can't wait to tickle you so much that you laugh uncontrollably.  I can't wait to be called Daddy.  I can't wait to be overtaken by pink.  I can't wait to protect you when you are scared.  I can't wait to read you your favorite book.  I can't wait to see you dance.  I can't wait to have tea parties with you.  I can't wait to watch the Rangers with you.  I can't wait for you to fall asleep on me.  I can't wait to carry you to your bed.  I can't wait to teach you all kinds of cool things.  I can't wait to play fun games together.  I can't wait to teach you about all the different sports.  I can't wait to take you to church.  I can't wait to tell you about Jesus.  I can't wait to go on "daddy dates" with you.  I can't wait to teach you to ride a bike.  I can't wait to hold you.  I can't wait to hug you.  I can't wait to kiss you.  But most of all...  I can't wait for you to get here.  Did I mention why?

I love you so much!

Love,

Daddy

7 comments:

The Clements Crew said...

Baby Elliot sure is a blessed little girl!

nonni and pops said...

Jordan, God has truly blessed you already by bringing Jennie into your life. I can't wait to see how Elliot enriches your lives beyond measure. I'm so proud of you both.

Pam said...

Elliot is going to have the best life. She has two AWESOME parents! I cannot wait for you to truly be a family of 3.

Sam and Mandy said...

I have tears in my eyes, that was so sweet Jordan! We are so sad that we aren't going to be able to meet Elliot until after we get back from our trip! Post pictures so that we can see how beautiful she is! Give Jennie a big huge for us as she prepares for tomorrow. You guys will be in our prayers!

The Buster Bunch said...

That made me cry!!! Elliot will be so blessed! Praying for you guys tomorrow!!!

Brecken's Blog said...

What a lucky little girl to be loved so much. Jordan you made me tear up :o) I can't wait to watch her grow! Your family is so special to us! We will be thinking and praying for you guys tomorrow. Try and get so sleep tonight! I can't wait to see pictures!

missa said...

Jordan...not that you will get this anytime soon, tomorrow is a BIG day, but i wanted to tell you how much I love you and how far you have come from the "new guy that got a few firecrackers shot at him" to Lord Farquad to the pretty cool brother-in-law to the most awesome brother i am proud to have as part of the family. you are truely loved and we are glad that you and jennie found each other in this crazy world. You totally survived the horrible older sister trials and i respect you for who you are and the person that you have matured to be. I can't wait for you do have elliot either...much love!!!!!!! missa

ps. Jennie, I love you too! Push her out! Push her out! Way out! GOOOOOOOOOOO Jennie!