Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Playing Catch-Up

We have spent the last two weekends trying to get the nursery ready.  First, Elliot's Uncle Ryan and Aunt Brittnye came up from Austin to visit (and bring Elliot's bedding), so we put them to work!  They, along with our friends Matt and Sam, helped paint, hang curtain rods and shelves, and do a little yard work.  We had a lot of fun and we celebrated with a big diner at Babe's.  


Uncle Ryan taking care of the trim



Ryan acting silly with the curtain rod


Brittnye and Jennie painting away!
Sam, Matt, Jordan, and Ryan  
Nursery Picture #1 (lots of books)
Nursery Picture #2
I hope Elliot likes birds!
Bedding Picture #1
Bedding Picture #2
Nursery Picture #3 (look close to see the polka dots!)
So, as you can see, we have worked very hard and the nursery is almost done.  Now all we need is a baby!  2 months to go!

This weekend we are heading up to Amarillo for our Amarillo Baby Shower.  We will post pictures of that next week.  Have a good week!


7 comments:

missa said...

i think the birds are great! and i like the polka dots. the bookshelf looks a little bare...we'll have to fix that :P

i can't wait to see you guys this weekend! do you guys have a rocker yet?

BUNNY and I will be glad to see you! Drive safe!

Thomas and Jamie said...

YEA!! That's so exciting and I KNOW that took a HUGE load off of mom's shoulders!! Elli has a beautiful room and I can't wait until she's here so we can spoil her! We love you guys!!

Brecken's Blog said...

The room looks great! You guys have been busy :o) Can't wait to see you this weekend! Have a safe trip and see you Sat.!

Sam and Mandy said...

OH my gosh...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! I am confused though b/c I don't see the fabric that you posted awhile back...did you change from that?? Either way, its great!!! I REALLY want to see it in person! I also can't wait to give you our gift b/c I think it will be perfect for the room and baby!!!
You have seen Sam, but I miss you guys. Lets get together after you get back from Amarillo!

Pam said...

I love it! Its just right. Now it has made me even more excited to meet Elliot.
I can't wait until this weekend. (Jennie, I know you are excited about all of the cool gifts.) After all of her baby showers, the room will look very full!!!
See you Saturday. Love you all!

Sammy said...

Frrressssssssssssssssh

missa said...

so...poke poke poke. where are all the fun babyshower pics and info?

LOVE YOUR IMPATIENT SISTER!