Sunday, March 16, 2008

Elliott Takes Over the Blog!


Hey Everyone! My name is Elliott and I can't wait to meet all of you! I have been following along and reading this blog along with everyone else and it is driving me crazy that my parents don't update this blog very often. I mean, how many times can you watch a baby bite his brother's finger? Alright, we get it, it's cute, now can we get an update about ME please! Well, I guess if you want some thing done, you have to do it yourself!

Well, this has been a very busy weekend. I can't tell you how many times I have heard this conversation between my Mommy and Daddy:
Mommy: "I really want to get Elliott's room cleaned out, it is stressing me out!"
Daddy: "OK."
Mommy: "I really want to get the wall in our room painted, it is stressing me out!"
Daddy: "Let's plan a time to do it."

Daddy, can't you see that you are stressing Mommy out? It is really messing with the mellow vibe I've got going on in here. Just get everything done already. They can't hear me, so I try to get my point across with kicks to Mommy's belly!

This weekend it finally happened! Mommy and Daddy got in gear and got a lot of stuff done. First, on Friday night, they cleaned out my room. My room was being used as a storage/catch all room. But now, it just has my stuff in it!

With that out of the way, it was time for some rest. They were going to need it, as Saturday was very busy. We got up early Saturday and started running errands. We picked up my crib, but the box would not fit in Mommy's car. So, Mommy had a good idea to take everything out of the big box and stack it in separately. It worked, and we were off to run the rest of our errands.

When we got home, the first thing that Mommy and Daddy did was get their room ready to paint the wall behind their bed. Mommy was really wanting to get this done. She was saying something about not being able to do stuff for themselves once I get here. I'm not sure what she was talking about. Mommy and Daddy worked really hard painting and it looks really pretty. Here are a couple of pictures!





While the paint was drying Daddy headed off to put my crib together!  Here are some pictures of him working hard!



He found the directions!

I think my parents may be OCD!

Almost done!

My Crib is finished!  Good job Daddy!
After getting the crib done is was time to get ready to visit Sam and Mandy to celebrate Sam's Birthday!  Before we went Daddy took a picture of me and Mommy!

Let's go eat Kabobs!

As you can see, it was a very busy (but productive) day!  We were very tired, especially since me and Mommy had to get up at 5:30 to go to work!  While Daddy slept in until 11!  Oh well, that will end soon enough, right around June or July.  Get your rest now Daddy!  

Can't wait to meet everyone!

Love,

Elliott

9 comments:

Pam said...

That is the greatest blog ever!!! Mema and I loved it.(we laughed) Jennie you look beautiful. Kudos J for getting the crib put together. You need to save this for Elliott. Everything looks great.

Sam and Mandy said...

Too cute! I love the paint color. I now need to see a picture with the bed too!

Ryan said...

Still in the womb and knows you two are OCD....Elliot is a genius!

Thomas and Jamie said...

YEA for the Jacksons!! Jennie, you look great! We must BOTH be nesting now!! We can't wait to see y'all this weekend!!

Reese Family said...

Way to go for 'getting it in gear'! I can't wait to see it in person and with Elliott's bedding. But everything looks great! We can't wait to meet Elliott, especially now that she's talking to us!

Joanna said...

Hi guys! I found you! We had no idea you guys are expecting and we are SO excited for you! Congratulations! When's your due date? You look awesome Jennie! We miss you guys!

Sammy said...

who's the cutie in the maroon sweats?

Sammy said...

maroon shorts...even better!

missa said...

Oh, Elli...you're parents are silly! I can't wait to meet you either. I hope your mommy is not getting tired of getting new books to share with you...i hope you love to listen to the wonderful stories she is telling you. Your Aunt Bubzees and I can't wait to spoil you (don't tell your mom and dad). Hang in there...write more later.