Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sorry Charleigh!

I can't believe that the last time I blogged was before Christmas! With Elliot we were blogging like crazy before she was born, but we have not been as good with Charleigh. Oh well, sorry sweet girl...

On that note, Charleigh will be here within the week! The latest she will come will be April 7th, but hopefully she will come on her own before that. Elliot keeps saying that it will be April 2nd, so we will see! Elliot is so excited to meet Charleigh and we can't wait to see them together! I will be better about blogging once she gets here, I promise!

Now for the update on Elliot. She is ridiculously smart and amazes us everyday with what she says and what she is able to do. She can recognize every letter and can count to 40. Her vocabulary is off the charts. She always talks in complete sentences and she uses big words that make us laugh. When we go see Jennie at work and look at the babies she always says "Those babies are adore-able!" and she will say "Dad you're embarrasin' me!" It is really funny. She has such a fun and ornery personality. She loves playing doctor and calls me Dr. Daddy and brings me patients (her stuffed animals) to see with what she calls a look-a-scope (an old stethoscope of Mommy's). We got her a little doctor kit and she knows all about blood pressure and shots. We asked her what smart means and she said, "It means you're right" and if we ask her where she learned something she says "I just learned it up." I'm sure that she is doing a lot of other funny stuff that I am forgetting so those of you that are around her alot feel free to add to the list in the comments. Here are a few pictures to hold everyone over until Charleigh gets here. T-minus 7 days and counting!



My very favorite picture taken by Uncle RyRy on her trip to Houston. It captures her personality perfectly!

Making a snow angel

Daddy and Elliot making a snow man. We waited a little long to get out and play, so our snow man ended up being a little small.
Relaxing and being cute!
We got out the baby stuff for Charleigh and Elliot found her old tub and calls it her boat.

4 comments:

nonni and pops said...

That's confusin' and You're frustratin' me are a couple of others that she's using right now. She also wants to play with friends sooooo badly it hurts your heart sometimes. Older kids don't always get that she's on their level cognitively they just see her as a little kid so don't really pay her any attention. Soon enough her sister will be her friend forever! : ) Oh yeah, things are "never" going to heal, happen, ...... : )

The Buster Bunch said...

Yea!!! SO glad you're blogging again! I miss these Elliot updates! I can't believe how big she is! What a smart girl! I'm amazed she's counting to 40 and knows all her letters! She's always been smart, even when she knew all those animals sounds when she was so little.
I'm glad you guys are doing well. Praying for a safe delivery for Charleigh! Miss you guys!

The Clements Crew said...

She is super cute!! She can count higher than most of the kids in my class and they are 4!!! Such a smart girl. I love that she thinks being smart means you are right. I love how her brain works!

Love the pictures. Can't wait to see you guys soon and meet sweet Charleigh!

Pam said...

Elliot is so much fun! I often forget she is only 2 because she is so darn smart. Most 2 yr olds cannot spell their first and last names on their own. It always amazes me how deep she thinks. I love love love that sweet girl! :)