Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Elliot's 20 and 1/2 Months Update

Sorry for the long delay in between postings. I wish I could say that there was a reason, but there isn't. So, without further ado, here is Elliot's 20 1/2 months update!

Allow me a few paragraphs to brag...

Elliot is really smart. She picks up on the smallest things that she hears just once and we are always looking at each other saying "Did you teach her that?". A few days ago she started saying "Tunnel!" every time we would drive under an underpass or pull in to get gas. After many phone calls trying to figure out where she learned it, we found out that Nonni had mentioned it to her once. Want another cute story? I thought so... Jennie went to San Antonio for a sister's weekend. She left Thursday night and was coming back on Sunday night. On Sunday morning, we were backing out of the garage to go to church and Elliot was being really fussy and here is how our conversation went...

Daddy: "What's wrong Ellie?"

Elliot: "Sad."

Daddy: "Why are you sad?"

Elliot: "Mommy."

Daddy: "Do you miss Mommy?"

Elliot (in a sad voice): "Yes."

I couldn't believe the processing level that had just taken place. I know what you are thinking and yes, she is a genius! I'm kidding, it is just fun to watch her absorb all of this information and then spit it back out.

She is always talking. The last time we went to the dr., they asked if she had a 25 word vocabulary. 25?? Try 200, and I'm not kidding (if someone would like to challenge me on this, I am sure I could produce at least 200 words that she is able to use in conversation). She is putting together sentences. Lately it is "I see _____" and "Come on Daddy" (when she wants me to go somewhere or get her a snack). My least favorite is "Get up Daddy!", but Elliot, it is still dark outside!

When she is not talking, she is singing (and it might be the other way around!). She knows many songs from beginning to end, like Jesus Loves Me, ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Wheels on the Bus, Baby Bumble Bee, Theme songs to her favorite shows (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Dora, Elmo's World), Old MacDonald and there are more that I am forgetting. She loves to sing!

She LOVES going outside and if you plan on taking her outside, you better block off at least an hour. This summer is going to be very fun! Elliot is very tall and has gotten to the point where she can reach door handles. Right now she likes to make sure that all doors are closed, more to show off that she can do it than anything else. She loves to run and jump and climb! And she has such a funny little sense of humor. She is a lot of fun!

One of the things that she might be a little behind in is playing with kids her own age. I think she thinks that she is 3 or 4 because that is how old the kids are at Pammy's house (where she goes a couple of times a week). She doesn't know what to do with kid's her own age so she is very reserved. We probably need to schedule some play dates!

She is so much fun and growing up so fast. Here are a few pictures and I will try to be better about updating...


This is either a silly face or her trying to make a fish face, I'm not sure...


Getting ready to go to the park! Notice B and Blank Blank (her paci and blanket). They go everywhere with us and she can't have one without the other.

Maybe the cutest picture ever?

Going to church (Aunt Ash made the bows she is wearing"...

Bath fun!
Finally, here is a video of Elliot at the park. I had gone to DFW for the weekend, so Mommy and Ellie went to the park to play!

5 comments:

nonni and pops said...

She has so much personality:) I love the way you capture different aspects of her.
Mom

Ryan said...

Soooo cute. Love her shades. At one point, it almost sounds like she says, "Oh, Geez!"

The Clements Crew said...

Precious girl! I had a ton of fun getting to hang out with you guys. Miss you already! :)

missa said...

Well of course my niece is a genius! I can't wait to see you guys at Easter! **HUGS**

A said...

Hello Jennie! I asked Thomas if you had an email address and he gave me your blog website. I just wanted to contact you and see how things are going. I can see from here that you guys are doing wonderful! I have recently moved back to Amarillo and would love to talk to you. My email address is ashleed5_f@yahoo.com or my cell is 832-623-1986.
Take Care!
Ashlee Faulkner